Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Uphill Journey....Or like Ice Cube Today is a Good Day lol

Bonjour!!

Yes I meant to give you two exclamation points, If you can't tell today is a good day... I am back in control of my QuarterLife Crisis that was happening Sunday...o yea get that sh*t lol....Anywho...today I have decided to dedicate this post to my QuaterLife Circle.....See here's the thing I have been blessed to be surrounded by some of the most motivating individuals ever ! who at times go through their own QL Crisis but I realize we all motivate each other and their accomplishments not only strengthen them it strengthens all of us and aids us as we push forward to greatness.

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in what's not right or not knowing that we lose all the things we've accomplished thus far and just how far we've come...SO!!!! Today I commend some pretty spectacular people to let them know how great they are and how they have motivated me continuously!! I got racks on racks and racks lol (sorry/complete sidebar lol)

To the one who when thinking about this yesterday brought tears to my eyes..her strength to handle pregnancy alone even the nights when her feet were swollen, you accomplished your dreams with purchasing your home, staying on track in your career (you are board certified boo o yea o yea) on your own and raising your child to be the best she can be while providing the top education and instruction possible to the children of the County. You continue to lend yourself to the children of our future with your non-profit (wink wink) and without a single doubt it will happen.The school system is lucky to have you, sunshine is blessed to have you and I am honored to call you my friend. You are WOMAN!

To the one who couldn't hang a picture in college and thought she needed a man to complete her fairy tale life. She has resurfaced from heart break and tragedy by fulfilling her ultimate career goal all while under 30, in a position that is usually filled by men in their 40's. You worked your ass off for the last 9 years I've known you and it paid off. Take your bow!

To the one who was told in HS that the college of their choice was out of reach, you proved that heffa wrong and now your Masters from one of the most prestigious schools in the DC area. You continue to follow your dreams while ensuring they are limitless, your beauty not only lies outside but your heart is golden and your mind is a BEAST lol! Ask for everything you want mama because it's coming!

To you, my main homeboy who as a black male from the inner city had everything against him, you defeated the odds by completing your Undergrad but shocked the world with your Masters. The love you have for your moms is impeccable and any chick would be crazy not to see the jewel in you (I know that may sound a lil gay ; but love ya) You have followed your dreams all the way to the West Coast and you refuse to turn back you have a pure heart and your drive is the eye of a Tiger. Get it done, the best is yet to come!

To the love of my life, you have broken all stereotypes and said F*ck you to the ideology of the world and YOU are taking it over. Your drive to continue to learn and be the best for everyone, be there for everyone not just as a provider but as a teacher, motivator and confidant has made you my Best Friend. You are a true example of what hard work and hustling is...you stuck with it and it's paying off. You are a STAR and VP will be soon to come!  

Last but not least....to you my lifelong, my lifeline..you have accomplished soo much I don't know where to start. I've watched you love and love and love and love...putting others before yourself endlessly. You juggle mom, wife, caretaker, student, professional all in one day. You have to be proud of yourself I will not allow you not to be. Things will come in due time on the career side because the blessing you've been to the little one and your mom, your breakthrough is on the way. I commend you because it takes a special person a STRONG person to travel the roads you have and still come out looking towards the sun. FYI Babes you are the SUN and your rays are definitely ready to shine beyond measure.

I love you all and I thank you in advance for all your motivation as WE travel this uphill journey to Joy. And to those who are reading this I hope this allows you to reflect on your uphill journey and continue to "just keep swimming just keep swimming "(Finding Nemo, Dora voice lol) I told you today was  a good day!!

I don't know what tomorrow will be, it could be another QLC day but I am definitely going to enjoy this feeling...wouldn't you?!! I proclaim today a GREAT day for all my QuarterLife Phenoms...even if there's only like 2 or 3 -whatever. Today is a good day!

Ciao!
Follow @QuarterLifeChic